Tuesday, June 24, 2014

ah soh, the temple dog

,p> Ah soh is the perfect small size,female white dog with brown spots on its body which I adopted from a chinese guys who tried to throw away this puppy in to the Batu Caves river just because he cant afford to buy food for it. Luckily, and thank the god I was there with my another friend for cutting banana leaf for a occasion at a temple nearby. I managed to save the puppy and I brought it to our Jada Jothy temple, built a cage for her and raised the puppy till now.I also adopted two more dogs one of it an abondoned female puppy from the street at Batu Caves,Jenny and a male dog,also adopted, Rex.As usual I came back from badminton last Tuesday to feed the dogs at Jada Jothy temple. My routine everyday actually. This time I came to shock to listen the cries of puppies from ah soh;s cage. I tried to peep inside to see how many and there was two puppies with ahsoh. Its quite alright, but of curiosity I looked down the cage, there was it, two puppies dead ,not moving or even breathing. I dont have any idea why this dog didnt take the dead puppies.Normally doesnt matter its dead or not, the mother will keep the dead puppies with her but this one I dont understand.

I tried to neuter this dog to prevent from getting pregnant again(this one is the second time), but it was too late when I brought it to clinic the puppies are already grown inside and I was not aware of it.So its my fault and to correct that I need to take care these puppies and ahsoh as well. No point playing the self blaming game now. right? I need to do whatever needed in order to make sure these puppies are safe and healthy. In future when the doctor says its ok to perform the neutering surgery I will do it this time before its too late

So I cleaned up the cage , put the alive puppies with their mother so that she can feed them but yet I dont see the puppies feeding. . I let the door open so that she can move away if she dont feel comfortable.She do look tired, restless so I dont want to lock her up. The dead puppies? I decided to come over the next day to check on the puppies, wether to bury it or not. Its so dark and I dont have the feelings either to do it at that time. So , after I feed the dogs, I left.

This the point. Thank god I didnt bury the puppies that night because the next day when I came back to temple, I was surprised to see one of the dead puppies is alive and it was feeding milk from its mother. Oh my god...The other one , is confirmed dead, but now the mother puts it beside her. This is the one I dont want to see. It really saddened me to see her embrace the dead little puppy. After a while when the mother left from its puppies to make its own security roundings to protect it's puppies, I sneaked in and took away the dead puppy. I looked at it, so small, dark brown, so still.

I buried it . The first time this dog, ahsoh, delivered, all of its puppies died. It looks premature. Even the doctor gave up. So I was little afraid the same scenario will repeat. Last time they were so small she cant even feed the puppies. Now, its been a week and three of the puppies still surviving and the happy news is all these puppies are feeding milk from their mother normally.Like a normal dog. After a month will bring these puppies to their first vaccination session.

Some of you who are reading this might wonder why I am blogging about an average dog which delivered three puppies and a dead one. Its not like that. Yesterday was the moment I saw these puppies  feeding milk from their mother myself and convinced. Before this the puppies will be sleeping or making the normal sound they make and I tried to observe wether they are really feeding or not, so that I can feed them in a different way or find other solution like using milk bottles or something. I was thinking hard about this. The feelings which creeps into me when I think about what will happen to these puppies  if they dont feed milk like the previous ones and it was frustrating.They will die....
 At first I believed they were feeding because its been days after they are born and its not possible for the puppies to survive without feeding milk from their mother and these puppies are surviving.
Its only yesterday I saw it myself and convinced that they are really feeding now. Feeling good, thats all. Good Day ...

No comments: